Getting set up to submit a Pull Request
- Make sure Git is set up on your computer. Go to the Daily Dozen Android repository.
- Click the Fork button in the upper right-hand corner. You now have a copy of the repository you just forked, available in your GitHub account.
- Clone the repository locally by running
- git clone email@example.com:<your GitHub username>/nutritionfactsorg/android.git in your terminal
- Open this repository in your terminal and run the following command to create a new branch:
- git checkout -b add-your-name
You're now working on a new branch, on a repository that you can commit to.
Add your name to list-of-names.md and commit your changes and push these changes to the repository by running:
git push origin add-your-name
You're now ready to send your pull request!
Submitting a Pull Request
Go to the Daily Dozen Android repository on GitHub and click on the green "Compare & pull request" button.
Add a title, a comment, and then press the “Create pull request” button.
At this point, the maintainers of the original Daily Dozen Android repository will decide whether or not to accept your pull request. They may ask for you to edit or revise your code prior to accepting the pull request.